Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Itch

I think I've finally caught it...the itch to start planning, prepping, and ultimately stressing over my classroom and the preparations for the year to come.  Somehow I avoided it up until this point.  Something about spending an insane amount of time last summer to prepare for the upcoming school year so that I wouldn't have so much to do during the year combined with a very stressful year planning the wedding sent me into a "no way, not happening, going to enjoy my summer" type of mind.  {Sorry - that was the longest sentence ever!}  

It's not that I haven't done anything.  I've worked on stuff...a little bit.  A very little bit.  I've thought about a lot of things.  And I've spent HOURS catching up on reading my favorite teaching blogs as well as a few new ones!  

But today, it hit me.  The itch to start.  Maybe it was the stress that finally kicked in.  I'm starting at a new school this year and the thought of getting a new classroom and curriculum ready is starting to get a little stressful.  So today I took 2 loads of things to school.  I did go last week to go through and clean out the things the old teacher left so it's a good start.  I also spent the better part of the morning doing this...

Cleaning books bins.  {Ignore the weeds.  We pay condo fees for someone to take care of them.  But they don't.  Don't get me started.}  

Baby steps, people.  Maybe tomorrow I'll print the labels that go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment