Thursday, August 8, 2013

Making Progress

Slowly but surely, my classroom is coming together.  I've spent quite a bit of time in the past couple of weeks cleaning, throwing away, arranging, re-arranging, and begging people to help me.  Luckily, our cousin and her friend were in need of some volunteer hours.  I promised them lunch and my signature on their volunteer sheet and we were on our way!  They organized all of my books out of the moving boxes into the book tubs and labeled all of the books that were already in the classroom.  THANK YOU girls for saving me HOURS of work.  I also owe my life to one of my BFFs for staying at school with me until 10:00.  That's PM, people.  She's the BEST.

Meanwhile, I've been running around trying to find a home for all of my stuff combined with all of the stuff left behind by the previous teacher.  For anyone that has moved into a new classroom, you know this is no easy task.  I was JUST starting to get everything in my old room in a good place that worked for both me and the kids and now we're back to square one.  Oh well, it's almost there.  Almost.  And my November I'll have moved over half of it to a new spot.  

At the very least my room no longer looks like this...with piles of stuff.  EVERYWHERE.  Seriously, someone could've gotten lost in there!



Now, I'm onto the FUN stuff.  The bulletin board making, labeling, creating, and getting ready for school stuff.  Not that I don't secretly find organizing and arranging fun.  I just find the other stuff MORE fun.  First up - word wall.  I have a vision, I'm just not sure how well it will turn out.  I'll post pictures when it's done and keep you in suspense for now just in case I fail miserably and have to change my mind.  BUT I did get to create these fun word wall headers.  Click HERE to grab your own copy!  FOR FREE!


 12 different colors with a polka-dot theme


There are 2 letters per page to save on printing.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment